In this book, Veronica Birkett promotes a collaborative approach in which senior management, teachers and teaching assistants work as a team to address inclusive education for the diverse and complex needs of all children.
This book includes:
• details on the responsibilities towards children with special educational needs
• a wealth of practical and accessible support strategies
• checklists for assessment
• useful addresses and resource lists
• helpful hints and strategies for a wide range of difficulties.
Contains photocopiable resources and ideas and materials for in-service training. Paperback. Contains 64 A4 pages. ISBN: 978-1-85503-382-5 Contents include: Foreword. The challenge. The current state of play. Responsibilities of senior management. Responsibilities of the SENCo. Responsibilities of the teacher. Strategies for support. Major sources of help. Communication and interaction difficulties. Cognition and learning difficulties. Behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Sensory and/or physical needs. Medical conditions. Support for parents. Final thoughts. Appendix