Spotlight on Reasoning & Problem Solving Facts and Opinions
Students with language delays are concrete thinkers. Help them separate facts from opinions and become better decision-makers.
Build basic reasoning skills with step-by-step instruction and activities designed to build on success.
Students learn to:
- Identify facts and opinions
- State reasons for opinions
- Support opinions
- Separate facts from opinions in the news and in advertisements
The book is written in the proven format of the Spotlight Series with:
- Activities sequenced by complexity
- Visual cues that are gradually faded
- Skills defined in student-friendly terms
- A variety of curricular and daily living topics
- Simple sentence structure and vocabulary so students can focus on learning the concepts
- Minimal writing requirements in the beginning lessons
- A pretest/posttest