Alert Program: How Does Your Engine Run? – A Leaders Guide To The Alert Program For Self-Regulation
The Leader’s Guide contains the complete program. It explains the theory along with step-by-step instructions and activities. It was written for therapists to teach children how to identify and change how alert they feel.
Many therapists, teachers and parents have taught themselves how to do the program, just by reading the Leader’s Guide book.
This comprehensive book is a gold mine of information for use in school, clinic, or home settings. It will provide everything you need to implement the program with confidence, including:
- Overview of the underlying theory and concepts of sensory integration and self-regulation.
- Unique methods to teach other adults (teachers, parents, etc.) who support the Alert Program® students.
- Twelve detailed steps to teach independent self-regulation.
- Over 20 practical, low budget activity ideas.
- Personal clinical stories that clearly illustrate the program.
- All worksheets, charts, and pictures needed for the program (permission to photocopy included).
Visuals/ graphics definitely require updating , otherwise program is helpful.. I would not have paid the high price for this resource if I had realised how dated the graphics are.
So helpful! I was excited to receive this in the mail. I know some core information, but this really helped to broaden this knowledge and give me some specific strategies and ideas to work with. The diagrams are so helpful!