Books & Other Useful Resources for Children with Apraxia
Apraxia is a neurological disorder which prevents people from performing certain movements and gestures, even though they have the desire and the physical ability to execute the task.
There are several forms of apraxia, and they might all occur together or only in a singular form. In mild instances, the condition is referred to as dyspraxia. When it comes to treating someone for apraxia, there is a range of physical, verbal and occupational therapies that can help.
At Fun Stuff, we carry a carefully curated collection of books for children with apraxia, as well as other resources for treating childhood apraxia of speech.
Treating childhood apraxia of speech
There are numerous ways in which toys, games, books and other resources can be used for helping children with apraxia of speech to better articulate themselves. The resources featured here can help with:
- Expanding the vocabulary of minimally verbal young children
- Using multisensory cues in therapy to encourage recognition and other cognitive behaviours
- Using fun and games to encourage repetitive speech patterns that help to retain the information
- Incorporating the use of various technologies into therapy
- Establishing family and community partnerships
- Creating communication “risk-takers”
If you are the parent, teacher or caregiver of a child who is suspected to be experiencing childhood apraxia of speech, your child is likely to benefit from a combination of the resources featured here. Our range is primarily targeted at helping toddlers, pre-schoolers and early school-aged children.
Your ideal destination for quality products that help with treating childhood apraxia of speech
- Our industry-leading products and resources are carefully curated by industry experts, and added to our online store at affordable prices
- We accept a range of payment options, including buy now and pay later
- The Fun Stuff team is always on the lookout for new and exciting products to add to our fantastic range
- Most orders are delivered within 7-10 working days, regardless of where you are located in Australia and New Zealand
- Sign up to our newsletter for industry news, product announcements and special promotions
Get in touch
To speak with a friendly member of our professional team, please don’t hesitate to call 1300 FUN STUFF. Alternatively, you can complete our online contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.