What is the NDIS Australia? Some quick facts:
It can be difficult to know which products, services and supports can be delivered under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The goal behind this Australian Government initiative is to support people with a permanent and significant disability; one which affects their ability to take part in everyday activities.
- There are approximately four million Australians living with a disability
- The NDIS is a government scheme to provide funding to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability
- Early intervention supports can also be provided for eligible people with disability or children with developmental delay
- The NDIS also provides information and resources to anyone with disability regarding services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries, schools and more
- For many people, this is the first time they are able to receive the disability support they need
What can NDIS funding be used for?
There are 15 categories for what NDIS funds can be used for. If a business or organisation provides support to people with a disability which falls under one of the following categories, then it will likely be an approved NDIS provider:
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Assistance with Social & Community Participation
- Assistive Technology
- Home Modifications
- Coordination of Supports
- Improved Living Arrangements
- Increased Social and Community Participation
- Finding and Keeping a Job
- Improved Relationships
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Improved Learning
- Improved Life Choices
- Improved Daily Living
How do I find NDIS approved providers?
As an example, Fun Stuff Educational & Therapeutic Resources appears when you search for NDIS approved providers of communication and information equipment. As a registered NDIS provider in Australia, we are proud to supply positive toys, games and resources for assisting with developmental learning.
Our range includes valuable resources for helping children with behavioural difficulties , emotion regulation , motor skills development , speech and other learning disorders. We ship Australia wide. Refer to the NDIA Assistive Technology & Consumables Code Guide for further information about claiming NDIS consumables.
Browse our NDIS approved toys online today
To speak with a friendly member of our team about our endless selection of NDIS approved toys and resources for developmental learning, call 1300 FUN STUFF or enquire online and we’ll be happy to assist.